Doctor insights on:
Effectiveness Of Only One Gardasil Shot
Are there any interactions between Gardasil and alcohol? Does alcohol reduce Gardasil's effectiveness? Can I drink the same day I get the last shot?
Partial protection: Because the research studies were done with 3 doses of gardasil, it is not known how much antibody protection, and for how many years, a person would have with just one shot. There should be some protection. New studies are being done, especially for developing countries (due to the high cost of the vaccine), to see if just one or two doses are adequately protective. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Poor protection: The protection created by series vaccines like Gardasil are tested & confirmed to provide a satisfactory level of protection for many years only when the series is completed . Failure to complete the series will result in some who are not protected or whose protection disappears over time. The series can be resumed with an extended delay & still yield benefits. ...Read more
After receiving one gardasil shot, i had a fever of 100 degrees and general malaise for a week. Should i get the additional doses?
Yes: Yes, that is a normal reaction and you should continue the three shot series at 2 months and 6 months after the first one. ...Read more
Hi, i'm almost 25 years old, i had my first two gardasil HPV shots in 2008. Do I have to get the last one? Is it a must? I'm married and i only had 1 sex partner in my life and i'm not going to have more, he is healthy and me too.
You : You have some protection from the first two shots and the third would boost that protection. If you are married and have only one sex partner, you will only be exposed to what (if anything) he carries. If he has latent infection with herpes or human pappiloma virus, you probably would have it by now anyway. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if i only got 1 shot of gardasil?
- What happens if you only get one gardasil shot and refuse the other two?
- What happens if i only get one gardasil shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does one night of diarrhea affect the effectiveness of your birth control?
- What causes only one side of the cheek and lip to swell?
- Only one side of my throat hurts
- Hello why do i get so much acne only on one side of my face what can i do
- Talk to a pediatrician online