Doctor insights on:
Effectiveness Of Birth Control Pills
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
In addition to st. John's wort, which foods or substances can reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills?
Missed pills: With no missed pills, "perfect use", the failure rate of birth control pills is 0.3%, that is >99% effective.In typical use, because taking a pill every day without ever missing is hard, about 9/100 couples will get pregnant/year. Not missing pills is the best way for the pills to work for you. ...Read more
Although I am not : Familiar with this particular product, in general this type of medication should not interfere with the efficacy of your oral contraceptives. ...Read more
This might be a silly question, but better safe than sorry. Does using an inhaler affect the effectiveness of birth control pills?
Unknown: Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Clary sage oil is safe when used in amounts found in foods. There isn't enough information to know if it is safe when used in medicinal amounts. The herb has been shown to increase the effects of choral hydrate causing excessive sleepiness and drowsiness. Its relationship to OCPs is unknown. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: They affect absorption...Reducing absorption so pills are not as effective. ...Read more
Is there somewhere I can get a list if medications and supplements that interfere with effectiveness of birth control pills?
Talk to pharmacist: Where you get your prescriptions.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will diet pills affect the effectiveness of birth control
- What is the effectiveness of birth control pills?
- Effectiveness of birth control pills when taken at different times
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does one night of diarrhea affect the effectiveness of your birth control?
- Can birth control pills get rid of ovarian cysts?
- List of low dose birth control pills
- Getting rid of weight gain from birth control pills
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free