Doctor insights on:
Ectopic Pregnancy Negative Test Result
What is the survival rate of a ectopic pregnancy? Can it be carried full term? I had tubaligation 5months ago and test result is positive.
Dangerous: An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy implanting in a place other than the intrauterine cavity. Most are in the fallopian tube. Other site include ovary, uterine cornua, cervix, etc. If untreated , they most likely will rupture causing internal hemorrhage which is life threatening. There have been cases of ectopics implanting in the abdomen and developing. These are rare and very dangerous. ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Get tested: If you were to have an ectopic pregnancy then your pregnancy test should be positive. A carefully performed home pregnancy test should be OK. If it is positive and you are concerned, especially if you are having pelvic pain, then you should seek medical help right away. If your pregnancy test were negative then is is very unlikely that you have an ectopic pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not usually: If you have an ectopic pregnancy, you are pregnant. The only difference is that your pregnancy is not located in the uterus. Your pregnancy test will almost always be positive since an ectopic pregnancy will still produce the pregnancy hormone, beta hcg, despite its abnormal location. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it possible for me to be having an ectopic pregnancy with -1.2 serum test results? Dr has ruled everything out, test results, all is "normal."
No: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can ovarian cyst cause false negative pregnancy test results?
- Can a negative pregnancy test result in having a uti?
- Implantation bleeding but negative pregnancy test results
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ectopic pregnancy symptoms negative pregnancy test
- Is it possible i am pregnant if i get a negative result on a home pregnancy test?
- Clear blue pregnancy test negative results
- Can i have an ectopic pregnancy if my pregnancy test is negative?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online