Doctor insights on:
Earlobe Cyst Treatment
I have a sebaceous cyst behind my earlobe, and i think it is infected. How would i know if it is? And if it's infected will it heal without treatment?
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
I have a lump in my earlobe pea size, can it be cancerous? What would the treatment be, what procedure would be used to diagnose what the lump is?
I squeezed what I thought was a cyst in my earlobe. Could it have been a lymphnode and ifso will I die?
No - don't squeeze: Earlobes don't have lymph nodes. There are lymph nodes all around the ear, but none in the pinna or lobe. It is never a good idea to squeeze lumps - it can lead to infection and scarring. It sounds like whatever you picked at is unlikely to lead to your death. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Mucinous cyst: Depends on where, etc. Surgical removal.Get a more detailed answer ›
Does sabaceous cysts go on its own ? It it does how long it takes or what medication shud I take ? Its behind my earlobe and its soft and hurts.
Depends: If you have a cyst beneath the skin near the shoulder then observation vs surgery needs to be entertained. If the cyst is deep and was seen on MRI within the shoulder joint or near the shoulder joint and its symptomatic then surgery may be needed but it must be properly evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon first. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Antibiotic treatment for ovarian cysts
- Entamoeba coli cysts treatment
- Pilar cyst home treatment
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- Infected sebaceous cyst home treatment
- Antibiotic treatment for inflamed ovaries and ovarian cysts
- What happens if you have a cyst in your earlobe?
- Sebaceous cyst antibiotic treatment
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online for free