Doctor insights on:
Is it possible to treat a scarred eardrum? I apparently have conductive loss. What else could be causing conductive loss, and how can it be treated?
See an ENT: Scarring of the eardrum (myringosclerosis) is common in people who have had ear infections or surgery and rarely causes hearing loss by itself. Conductive hearing loss occurs for many reasons, most of which can be fixed. You should consult with an ENT specialist to get a better idea of what can be done to help you. ...Read more
See 1 more doctor answer
Variety of causes: An ear drum can be damaged by infection, either viral or bacterial, blowing your nose too hard with nostrils pinched, use of a q-tip too far into the ear canal. Perhaps the most common cause of alterations of the ear drum is middle ear infection or more rarely severe infection of the skin of the ear canal, so called external otitis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Eardrum scar tissue
- Scarring of eardrum
- How long does eardrum scarring associated with normal 06 mo last?
- Does otitis media with effusion cause eardrum scarring?
- Scar on eardrum
- Herbal treatment for eardrum scarring
- Home remedies for eardrum scarring
- Remedies for eardrum scarring
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online for free