Doctor insights on:
Had a simple vulvectomy 5 wks ago-area of over-granulation tissue removed-no VIN. Wound healing well altho 1 stitch opened. Still have pain- normal?
Simple vulvectomy 7 wks ago-gran tissue removed-no VIN.Healed well. Stitches all dissolved but sore despite nothing to see. Nerve damage? Rec meds?
Removal of vulva: A radical vulvectomy is a surgical option for the treatment of advanced vulvar cancer (cancer of the vulva). During this surgery, the labia and much of the surrounding skin and lymph nodes are all removed from the body. If you or someone you know has vulvar cancer, you should be seeing a gynecologic oncologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
6 weeks: and you will be fineGet a more detailed answer ›
Vulvectomy: Up to 50% of vulvectomy incisions breakdown no matter how careful the patient or gynecologic oncologist is. We tell patients it may take up to 12 weeks for total healing. ...Read more
Drainage: Some of the fluid is just weeping of the underlying tissue because of exposure to outside. Occasionally some drainage is infection. ...Read more
How long should I expect to be out of work (teacher) after a partial bilateral vulvectomy secondary to differentiated high grade VIN2?
Ans: As long as all goes well and no complications you should rest fir about 6 weeks ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How likely vulvar dysplasia to come back after vulvectomy?
- Is severe vulvar dysplasia likely to come back after a vulvectomy?
- What is skinning vulvectomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Procedure radical vulvectomy
- Partial vulvectomy healing time
- Recovery time partial vulvectomy
- How to get partial vulvectomy incision to heal?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free