Doctor insights on:
During Pregnancy Which Nutrients Show A Dramatic Increase In Absorption
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
I am 9wks preg and have been taking psyllium and pregnancy vitamins at the same time. Have I affected absorption of the nutrients the baby needs?
Needed nutrients.: Protein, calcium, iron & folic acid. Get in healthy proteins like red & black beans, chickpeas, fish (low mercury), poultry (75 to 100 gm of protein/ day). Calcium (1, 000 mg per day) with tofu, almonds, dairy products or eggs. Iron (27mg/day) from whole grains & green leafy veggies. Folic acid (600 to 800 mg/day with foods like melon, spinach, tomatoes, strawberries & turnips. ...Read more
Unfortunately: Although such tests have been described, they have not been broadly developed because of the resistance against vitamin therapy or prevention. For example, a test called red cell transketolase would show whether you have deficiency of vitamin B1 but I do not know of a laboratory that does this test ...Read more
True?False? Laying on ur back during pregnancy slows the return of blood to the heart which reduces blood flow to the fetus less oxygen less nutrients
Depends: early in pregnancy lying on your back is fine. Later in the third trimester some women may be advised to lay on their left side to reduce blood pressure or in cases of poor fetal growth. However, for most women lying on your back is compensated with an increase in your pulse and the oxygen level to the baby is fine. So, for some this is true, but in general is false. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What causes leg hair to stop growing during pregnancy? Is it lack of certain nutrients or minerals? I have psoriasis condition and am 28 weeks now.
I am 27' during my last pregnancy i dislike my si joint. After another accident it shows increased density in femoral neck. No one will help, I am 27.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Feeling lile i have a pulled muscle in my lower abdomen during pregnancy concern
- Is it possible to pull a muscle in the stomach during pregnancy?
- Which nutrients are a valuable resource in trying to build muscle
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which structure in the body is responsible for the absorption of nutrients from food
- Does a pregnancy test show positive during a miscarriage?
- Which vitamin will increase the absorption of iron when included in the same meal
- Increase in breast size during pregnancy
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online