Doctor insights on:
Dulcoease Stool Softener
I haven't had a bm in 2 weeks because of medicine. I started taking a stool softener a few days ago. How long should it take to work? Ive taken 3
Constipation: Medication-induced constipation can be difficult to deal with. It is unlikely that a stool softener will make you pass a bowel movement. You would be better off with a laxative of some sort. You might consider trying magnesium citrate or MiraLAX on a one-time basis. Depending on what medication is causing your constipation, there might be prescription alternatives also. See your doctor. Good luck. ...Read more
What does it mean when stool partially floats? I'm using stool softener too. Immediately after i ate last night.
Docusate: Docusate sodium. However the optimal dose varies from person to person. The over the counter dose is 50 mg and you may need to take it twice a day or maybe 2 tablets twice daily. Psyllium is a natural fiber that come in powder and acts as a softener if you take it with 8 ozs of water everyday. Make sure you take it 2 hours away from your medications. ...Read more
Try miralax: The truth is that stool softeners work when used here and there. If used regularly, they loose their potency and become ineffective. For regular relief MiraLAX is far superior. It is a white powder mixed in a liquid of choice that can be used regularly, has virtually no taste, and is not habit forming. One caveat-if you have had a change in your bowel habits, see your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Fast home remedies that are good for stool softening
- Is it safe to take stool softeners every day?
- How long does it take a stool softener to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Prune juice stool softener
- Is it safe to use stool softeners regularly?
- Taking stool softeners to lose weight
- Can you take stool softeners while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online