Doctor insights on:
Dry Socket Healing Period
I got my wisdom teeth out 6 days ago, I just got my period today. Is there a possibility of my getting a dry socket because of that?
Is it possible to get dry socket while on my period? 4 post op tooth extraction done Tuesday it is now Saturday
Exposed bone: Dry socket is the very painful condition where the healing blood clot is lost and the bone is exposed to the environment. So initially it will look like an empty hole. Many times you can see the bone. As it is healing this hole will fill in with tissue. You need to see the dentist who did the extraction for treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dry Socket?: Usually, if you can see the socket and it looks empty, that can confirm a suspicious dry socket. Usually, though, pain from a dry socket is much more intense and unrelenting than normal post-op pain. Also, not usually relieved much by over the counter medications and analgesics/pain killers. ...Read more
Normal healing: If this is in reference to a dental extraction, it is reasonable to expect minor swelling around an extraction site (wound). This is an acute phase inflammatory sign, and should resolve quickly in the absence of infection. If swelling persists or worsens, then infection or dry socket should be considered. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had dry socket and it was treated 7days ago i still see the bone. No pain.Is it normal healing or turning into drysocket again? Or will it just heal
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after wisdom teeth extraction does dry socket develop?
- Can i get a dry socket 6 days after my tooth was pulled?
- Is it normal for the medicine pack for a dry socket to fall out?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get dry socket with stitches?
- Hairline fracture healing period
- Can a dry socket heal on its own?
- Dislocated patella healing period
- Talk to a dentist online for free