Doctor insights on:
Dry Socket Dressing
Should there be puss coming from the dry socket dressing? And is it normal for it to bleed and the dressing still be there 7 days later.
Likely infection: The topical pain killers in dry socket dressings are designed to provide quick acting and sometimes short term relief while the underlying infection starts to resolve. Since that infection can take up to a week to resolve, it is common for pain to recur and require replacement of the dry socket dressing a few times while managing the condition. Systemic painkillers like Ibuprofen are very helpful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Dry socket dressed yesterday morning with desolvable dressing however it seems to be trying to fall out. It's poking out the top. What should I do?
Can i see the dressing put in my wisdom tooth hole after dry socket? There's something there an i can't tell if it's good or not.
Dry Socket Paste: If you are not in any substantial pain whether or not there is something in the socket is good. If you are in pain, you need to speak to your surgeon for advice. These packings often come out by themselves. If not, they need to be removed. Your surgeon should have given you a followup appointment. If not, call and make one. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had dressing to treat dry socket after impacted wisdom teeth removal. Dressing removed 2 days. Still have dull pulsing pain on one side. Is this ok?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dry socket medicated dressing
- Medicated dressing for dry socket
- How long after wisdom teeth extraction does dry socket develop?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for the medicine pack for a dry socket to fall out?
- Can you drink alcohol with a dry socket?
- Can you get dry socket with stitches?
- Can a dry socket heal on its own?
- Talk to a dentist online for free