Doctor insights on:
Dry Eyes (Definition)
Dry eyes is a clinical finding in which a person's eyes are not properly lubricated with tears. This may be due to excessive heat, dehydration, drug use, or illness.
Several options.: Frequent artificial tear use, punctual plugs which are placed by your Ophthalmologist, Restasis prescription drops which help your eyes to produce more tears, and sometimes, omega-3 supplementation can be helpful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See 1 more doctor answer
How effective are punctal plugs for treating dry eyes after lasik? I am close to 1 year post op and artficial tears aren't helping.
See 2 more doctor answers
I have two: One of my favorites is systane balance 2 -4 times a day in each eye and genteal gel at bedtime. Other helpful simple treatments are lid scrubs using either cetaphil facial cleanser for gentle skin (liquid) and washing your eyelids and lashes each night or ocusoft scrubs and flaxseed oil capsules 2000 mg a day. It's important to discuss this with your eye doctor and have a thorough exam. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can dry eyes cause dizziness?
- Dry skin around eyes and mouth
- Is eyes feeling warm and dry a symptom of fever?
- Home remedies for dry skin under eyes
- Best eye creams for dry skin around the eyes
- Dry skin around eyes and nose
- Dry scaly skin under eyes
- Dry eyes swollen eyelids itchy jawline neck
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free