Doctor insights on:
Drugs Treatment Anthrax
Long prevention: Anthrax, once clinically evident, usually kills quickly and treatment is not very effective. You may be referring to the 60 day course of antibiotics prescribed for some one exposed to anthrax. This is based on the findings of an outbreak in russia. Exposed individuals developed the disease up to 60 days after exposure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on the type.: Patients with cutaneous anthrax can be treated as outpatients w/ doxycycline. However, inhalational anthrax is a very serious condition that requires hospitalization because of its high mortality rate. Patients will require IV antibiotics. They may also need support of heart and lung function due to the detrimental effects of the anthrax toxin on the body. Inhalation anthrax=possible bioterrorism. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lung, skin, GI: Skin anthrax presents an ulcer and is the least dangerous. Gi anthrax causes bloody diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain etc. Inhalational anthrax is the most serious and causes cough, blood sputum, fever, shortness of breath. Note that once symptoms of lung infection appear, treatment is usually not effective and infection causes rapid death! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Letter to judge requesting treatment for drug addiction
- What is the best drug treatment for svt?
- What is the best treatment for drug overdose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to write a treatment plan drug abuse?
- A significant limitation of drug treatment for panic disorder
- Are there any new drugs for treatment of hepatitis c?
- What are the symptoms of depression when should drugs be used for treatment?
- Talk to a dermatologist online