Doctor insights on:
Dropsy Lymphatic Diseases
Tissue swelling: Latin lympha "water goddess" - lymph is essentially recycled blood plasma. The lymphatic system returns the interstitial fluid to the thoracic duct and then to the bloodstream, where it is recirculated back to the tissues.Tissues with lymphedema are at risk of infection and ulcer. Yes I am certified in lymphatic therapy. We use fda approved lymphedema laser therapy for lymph drainage. ...Read more
Need other tests.: Blood tests might show signs pointing to lymphoma, like many lymphocytes, and lymphoblasts, but other signs are seen, like lymphadenopathy (enlarged lymph nodes). Also, there are many kinds of lymphomas, like follicular, and mantle cell, and they need tests like biopsy and flow cytometry to distinguish them, so other tests are needed. ...Read more
No, may need biopsy.: A blood test can detect some lymphomas with high lymphocyte peripheral blood count, but fine needle aspiration of some lymph nodes, and/or a lymph node biopsy may be needed. This can be used to distinguish between types of lymphoma, like hodgkin's vs. Non-hodgkin's, mantle cell vs. B-cell, t-cell, infection, cancers, etc.. Specific markers for b and t cells are also used. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is dropsy disease in humans?
- Lymphatic diseases
- Swollen glands lymphatic diseases
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lymphatic immune system diseases
- Diseases and disorders of the lymphatic system
- Treatments for lymphatic diseases
- Can lymes disease cause uti?
- Talk to a cardiologist online