Doctor insights on:
Drinking While On Humira
Is it okay to drink alcohol while taking Methotrexate the same day (injection)? Also, can you drink while taking Humira (adalimumab)? I have JRA also.
Depends.: cannot say in your particular case, but generally, there isn't that strong of an interaction. Main issue is if it is enough alcohol to directly cause serious harm (ulcer, seizures, pancreatitis, hospitalization). The RA drugs will complicate the issue. One drink. no, not an issue. ...Read more
Unknown: There are no direct studies to see the effects of alcohol and humira. However, if you are using another dmard such as Methotrexate or Arava (leflunomide) with the humira, then you should not use alcohol with those drugs. Some patients with RA feel that alcohol makes their RA worse. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it safe to drink alcohol with subcutaneous methotrexate? What is the average dose of sq methotrexate when taken with humira (adalimumab) for ra?
No: Alcohol use when used with low dose Methotrexate can and has lead to liver failure and the need for a liver transplant. The amount of alcohol that can do this is different depending on other diseases a person has (hepatitis) , meds they are on, and their genetics.So unless you want to flirt with disaster, no amount of alcohol should be considered "safe". Absolutely ask your doctor before drinking. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am 18 and am on methotrexate and humira (adalimumab) for Juvenile Arthritis. Is it safe for me to have a few drinks after my formal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Travelling while on humira
- Is it bad to smoke while taking humira?
- How to avoid infection when traveling while on humira?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get a swine flu shot while you are taking humira?
- Can you take pain killers while taking humira?
- Drink energy drinks while on doxycycline
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free