Doctor insights on:
Drinking While On Humira
Is it okay to drink alcohol while taking Methotrexate the same day (injection)? Also, can you drink while taking Humira (adalimumab)? I have JRA also.
Depends.: cannot say in your particular case, but generally, there isn't that strong of an interaction. Main issue is if it is enough alcohol to directly cause serious harm (ulcer, seizures, pancreatitis, hospitalization). The RA drugs will complicate the issue. One drink. no, not an issue. ...Read more
Not recommended: It is not recommended to drink alcohol when taking medications, including Elavil/amitriptyline. The liver is responsible for metabolizing both alcohol and medications, adding additional burden especially in those with medical problems. If taken as an anti-depressant, the goals of treatment with Elavil are being undone by drinking alcohol, which is by definition a nervous system depressant. ...Read more
Unknown: There are no direct studies to see the effects of alcohol and humira. However, if you are using another dmard such as Methotrexate or Arava (leflunomide) with the humira, then you should not use alcohol with those drugs. Some patients with RA feel that alcohol makes their RA worse. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Travelling while on humira
- Is it bad to smoke while taking humira?
- How to avoid infection when traveling while on humira?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get a swine flu shot while you are taking humira?
- Can you take pain killers while taking humira?
- Drink energy drinks while on doxycycline
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free