Doctor insights on:
Drinking Coke Affect Iron
Prilisec and Iron: Although iron is mostly absorbed in the small intestine, any agent that alters the ph in the stomach, that is any agent that decreased the production of stomach acid, will affect the environment in the small intestine and will ultimately affect the absorption of vital nutrients as iron. Additionally, the lack of acid in the stomach will sometimes alter the actual molecule in an iron supplement. ...Read more
I have seen reports: that it can, although I am not sure of the mechanism, but it has to be a LOT of soda. The major problem with lots of soda is the calories, and it is a major contributor to the epidemic of overweight, obese and diabetic individuals in the US and western world. It appears to reduce iron absorption in some people. You are far better off with water which is cheaper, healthier and doesn't affect iron. ...Read more
Doubt so in adults: In infants less than 1 year of age, experts say never to give cow milk as it has low iron levels and in the very young iron absorption is messed up by milk/calcium in general. In adults i believe this is much less of an issue, assuming you have no anemia to begin with. I think an adult would have to drink a lot of milk to effect their iron levels. Theoretically possible though! ...Read more
All my bloods are ok and iron level good. The problem is I am really tired. Help please. I do exercise few minutes each day and i drink water?
No: No, but it can adversely effect your health. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does drinking beer affect an overload of iron?
- Can low iron affect your period?
- Can iron supplements affect your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Drinking coke with diarrhea
- Whenever i drink one coke it feels like i need to pee all the time
- Can drinking alcohol affect a cortisol urine test?
- Does drinking coffee affect shingles?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free