Doctor insights on:
Drink Beer Coumadin Warfarin
Not a good idea: Warfarin is very sensitive to changes in the body, and to changes in one's diet or medications. If a person absolutely must drink alcoholic beverages, she has to work out a plan with her primary doctor to follow the changes in blood test results and adjustments in medication dose. That's probably the only way to figure out how much of an effect a given amount of alcohol has on one specific person. ...Read more
Can I occasionally have a beer or glass or wine (say every friday or saturday) while on a 10.75 mg dose of warfarin/coumadin?
Temp off Warfarin and on Lovenox injections twice a day. Drank on warfarin without issue, can I still have a few beers on the lovenox?
No: and I would ask why you aren't directing this question at the prescribers? I am sure if you asked your doctor whether it's ok to drink on Warfarin, s/he would tell you NO in no uncertain terms. Even moderate drinking impairs the metabolism of warfarin, often making you require higher doses, which is if you then lower your drinking may cause a high INR and bleeding risk. It is DANGEROUS. Stop. ...Read more
Bad idea: Since warfarin works by interfering with the liver's production of clotting factors and heavy alcohol can damage the liver (or at least gives it alot of extra work to do) drinking while on warfarin is a bad idea. Someone in this position should be honest with their doctor - there may be a medication that better suits the situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Coming off warfarin in 3 days. Can i go back to eating and drinking what i want? My nurse said "i believe so", not a comforting response.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will you be hurt if you drink one beer while taking xanax
- Drinking beer after vicodin
- What happens if you drink beer and have high blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it bad to drink beer with a sore throat?
- Can you drink beer with ibuprofen?
- Can excess beer drinking cause cirrhosis of the liver?
- Sore throat after drinking beer
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free