Doctor insights on:
Drank Water Bottle
Today at work I was spraying the duster spray and sprayed my whole water bottle on accident. I then drank the water bottle. Am I going to be okay?
? Duster Spray?: Not clear what a Duster spray is? Disinfectant? A fragrance spray? Lysol? Something else? You need to tell us what chemicals if any are in the `duster` spray. I think it unlikely that this much exposure would hurt you, but not sure what you actually used. ...Read more
If the person had: An infection it might be transmitted to you. Example would be mononucleosis. ...Read more
Nothing: Nothing you can do at this point except cross your fingers and wait. ...Read more
3 year old son found and drank from an old water bottle. Should I be concerned? If he was going to get sick when would he show symptoms and what type?
Contents of bottle: If the bottle contained water there should be no worries on your part. If you use old water bottles to store toxic substances then he could have ingested some. In North America the number for Poison Control Centers has been set up by the telephone companies as P-O-I-S-O-N-S so you don't have to frantically look it up. ...Read more
I drank from the same water bottle as someone who has mono. Will I get mono and how long till I know?
Can't say if you: Will be infected or not - but that is a risky behavior. It may take 10 to 60 days to develop symptoms of mononucleosis. ...Read more
I accidentally drank out of a water bottle with a bunch of white and grey mold in it. Will I get sick? Should I be concerned?
Drank from a random water bottle by accident that wasn't mine. Bottle was not currently in use by anyone else. Now have a pimple like lump. Herpes?
Need an picture: A classic presentation for herpes would be described as an area of redness that develops into a cluster of tiny water blisters that eventually scab and dry up. Your description at this point does not sound classic. If you want to be sure, take serial photos and schedule and appointment with your doctor or dermatologist in the next few days. ...Read more
Could use your help docs! My cousin has glandular fever and I drank from the same water bottle as her will I get it?
Spread by saliva: Glandular fever, or "mono" is a viral disease spread through the saliva (kissing, sneezing / coughing, sharing drinking or eating utensils). A person can be contagious for at least 2 months. Symptoms include fever, severe fatigue, swollen glands in neck, sore throat. A common cause is epstein-barr virus (ebv). There is no cure, but a person usually has life-long immunity after an infection. ...Read more
I drank about half a water bottle too fast and am experiencing an upper stomach cramp for hours now. What can I do for relief?
It's not the water: There is something else going on that is causing your cramping. See your doc ASAP and get a good history and physical to find out what's going on. ...Read more
Frequent morning nasuea but recently started drinking a lot of propel water drank 3 bottles before bed wokeup nasuea free what could that mean?
Crap in a can--UGG!!: Did you read the ingredients? Water, artificial flavor and acid. Not only will too much rot your gut, but you'll destroy your teeth in the process. Not enough medically useful ingredients to do good; plenty of stuff to do bad. If you are working out. Drink water. Period. If I had to guess, i'd estimate that close to 80% of the dental disease I treat is from some marketed product to the-unaware. ...Read more
Accidentally drank old bottled water. It was first opened (and drank from) a month ago. Will I get sick? What should I do?
I drank water from a bottle which is already used by hiv infected person after like 5 seconds I did not saw a blood in it but if there's a blood in in
Hi dr I drank water from a bottle which is already used by hiv infected person after like 5 seconds. ... I did not saw a blood in it...but if theres's a blood in it is there's a risk? I'm so scared dr
I drank water from a bottle which is already used by hiv infected person after like 5 seconds I did not saw a blood in it but if there's a blood in it and I didn't saw it. ..there's a risk? I'm so scared
No Worries: The ONLY way you could get HIV this way is if there were visible blood on the bottle AND you had open, bleeding wounds on your lips or in your mouth. Further, your mouth & stomach acids would kill the virus and since the person most likely it taking meds to control the HIV, they would be considered to be unable to transmit the virus in any way. ...Read more
Drank 6 bottles of water a day and I read that it could mean diabetes. What symptoms would I have if I did?
Drank two 16 oz water bottles within 2 hours. Chugged them. And I have peed 5 times within 3 hours. Clear. Normal?
IT'S NORMAL BUT WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?
DR Z ...Read more
I can't urinate I have the urge to go and I just drank a bottle of water and still can't. How long should I wait before going to the ER?
ER time: Sorry to subject you to the ER, but if you cannot pee when you feel full, needing to pee, then it is time to get help. Sometimes getting in the shower can help, sometimes certain medications can help, but if you really can't pee then you need some more aggressive intervention. Waiting too long can damage the bladder and even the kidneys. ...Read more
Cold sore was in scabbing stage. Boyfriend drank my bottle of water about 30 minutes after me. What are the chances of him contracting it?
I drank 1 bottle of water the whole day, had anixtey attack and went to ER and they said that I was dehydrated. Could that happen in one day.?
Dehydration?: You need about 600 cc of water a day to make up for insensible losses, due to sweating and respiratory losses. This amount may be more when you are in hot weather. If you were severly dehydrated, they would have given some fluids intravenously. Did this happen? If not, you may have been mildly dehyrdrated due to lack of water intake. Try to make sure to drink at least 2 quarts of water a day. ...Read more
I've been dizzy for many hours. I ate 3 meals, drank two bottles of water during the day and a Venti hot tea this am. No new meds. Not sick. Why?
Unexplained vertigo: Requires medical evaluation. Diagnosis and treatment. Please call for immediate appointment or proceed to your local UC clinic or ER. ...Read more
I think I may have accidentally drank from the wrong water bottles what types of diseases can be transmitted through saliva (e.g. HiV or HBV)?
I drank old water closed in bottle one day after it got loose motion and stomach has been affected after it have bloating, gas, deshaped poop, fullness?
So why is it that when I drink from a water bottle all day and I don't go to the bathroom much, am I not drinking enough?
Maybe (not). . .: You didn't mention how many bottles you consume nor the size of said water bottle. So, yes, it's possible that perhaps you're not drinking enough water. Check out http://www. Mayoclinic. Org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256 for a rough answer. I typically recommend drinking enough to make you void (pee) clear urine. ...Read more
Can you get HIV by drinking out of someone else's water bottle that might have had blood on the bottle top? Spat it out 1-2 mins later.
No: Please forgive me if your question leaves me puzzled and skeptical. Thankfully, oral ingestion turns out to be an extremely ineffective way of transmitting the virus. If you have obsessive thoughts that people are sneaking infectious blood into your food and drink, you need to talk about this with your personal physician. Our minds can play cruel tricks on us, and this can be treated. ...Read more
I have a bad pancreous n I am using a hot water bottle for pain n it has now left burn scars n I would also like to know what I can do or take for the pain please help have stopped drinking?
Mutual support helps: Consider attending a meeting of alcoholics anonymous. ...Read more