Doctor insights on:
5 month old baby boy.1ped.urologist diagnosed bilat. nonpalp testis.ordered kareotype test.2nd ped. urologist say one side palp so as my pediatrician.
Here are some ...: Clinically, palpating the testes can be tricky and requires patience and be done in right warm environ. In fact, parents may be instructed to palpate the "retractile" testes, while the baby is in warm cozy bath; retractile testes tend to "drop" into the sac under such environments. So, I would not hastily proceed with extensive evaluation, and try what I just described because of no hurry... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My 2 yr old grandson had positive strep screen 5 days ago. Started Azithromycin. Returned to dr today as fever continues (100.0). CBC normal. Vomited?
13 month old daughter has fever 104.2, comes down with motrin for about 2hrs. Son was sick yesterday, dr said its a virus. Take her to er? Or wait?
Temp is high: She should go to the er with a temperature of 104.2. It might be a different thing and you would be safer to know. ...Read more
I'm scheduling a follow-up derm appt. My dr said to come 6 mos. later, but no appts are available, just 5 mos later. Is this ok?
No problem.: Should not make a difference. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more
44 yr old male diagnosed with barrets 2 yrs ago . Just had 2nd endo which was normal. Gi dr said i could wait 5 yrs for 3rd endo. Is that too long?
Doc Knows: I think the doctor probably knows what he is doing. I would follow his/her advice. ...Read more
The dr gave my daughter liquid vicodin and she's six years old cause she had tonsils removed, i ask dr for other meds and he said no, any suggestions?
Hai.my 5 month baby hav n smallvsd now we hav done for last checkup, 3mm hole dr says after 3 month we gone yesterday now 3.5 mm plz explain need surg?
Eventually yes: VSD is HOLE IN THE VENTRICLE. depend on the size and how much is affecting the heart and the distribution of the blood in the body. it depend if it is doing any shunting,which mean blood moving through the hole,and how that is affecting the body and specially the lung. eventually yes,the patient will need surgery,which is a very simple heart surgery. ...Read more
Got neuropathy after chemo 5 yrs ago; gone in 3 mo. Bak 2 yrs ago & now. Neuro md said could return for lifetime. Worry or not? Neuro md or fp? Worse
Recov from pnemonia.What's standard for tapering down from prednisone? Had 60mg for abt 2 weeks, 50mg week3, 40mg week4. Today Dr says stop pills.
Gi doc inc. omeprazole to 80mg. Few weeks I was fine, now my GERD hurting again. Should I Call him now? Wait 2wks till apt?
Add antacids: If you haven't been on the increased dose of Omeprazole for very long, you could consider adding liquid or chewable antacids as needed for a little while, to see if that helps you get an edge on your symptoms. If that doesn't help, then I would call your gastroenterologist back. Perhaps he would want to try another medicine in that case. Good luck. ...Read more
I am 26+5 wk preg by scan & my gyne dr told me ?IUGR .baby wt 750 grms by scan !advised for bed rest.I am worried I was prev 2 baby gdm 3.5&3.8kg .
Cholestasis again: Close follow-up with you OB is advised on ursodeoxycholic acid therapy. Fatty liver can be brought on by pregnancy, diet, or possibly a cholangitic infection. Follow the OB GYN's medical advice, eat as healthy as you can, and hope for the best outcome with therapy. Make sure you are eating the most appropriate diet for cholestasis ...Read more
My 11 years old son has fever
TLC count was 9400 first day
Dr gave cefpodoxime 3 days
nw TLC is 15500 dr gave ceftriaxone ing 2gm in morning 1 gm eve?
TLC ?: If you are getting T-lymphocyte counts, I assume you have a more complex immune system than you are describing in the question. If it's total lymphocyte count that's another story. Please see an ID specialist for your child if not using your Peds or FP doc to answer questions. Not sure what we're treating and then checking TLC for response to therapy... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is my dr missing something last 5 cbc in 12 months order. WBC 5.9 ,5.7,,5.1,5.8,4..9 neutr 3.7,3.7,3.7,4.1,3.6 lymphs 1.5,1.2,1.01.0,last 0.8 low.
Those are the same: Those test results are so similar that in real life, they are the same. Since normal people don't do 5 CBC tests in one year, there is something else missing from this picture. If there is nothing else going on, then one should ask, "Why am I going to the lab more than once or twice a year?" And, "What am I looking for when, and if, I do another blood test?" ...Read more
Daughter is 6 mo old. She received Pediatrix combo vaccine today. Last dose was 7 weeks ago during 4 mo checkup. Ok? I read interval should be 8 weeks
2yr old daughter hav fever for last 1 wk aftr her DPT vaccine. Now temp is nrml.Taking amoxicillin 125mg.Her total wbc13300.Esr30.Anythng to wry?
38yr fem. Migraine for 5 weeks. Mri/mra normal. Was on lamictal for 4?Yrs for prev. Added Depakote 2 weeks ago. Working w neuro. Suggestions? Thanks
Dr found gallstones/sludge in GB, been vomiting, dr doesn't think related, gave me Prilosec but WBC is 10,000 from 6,000 3 mo.s ago, infection?
Gallstones: gallstones rarely cause problems. They are usually asymptomatic. However sometimes they can cause infection and inflammation of the gallbladder. Your white cell count is normal and probably the vomiting is related to inflammation of your stomach or other causes. Symptoms of an infected gallbladder include right sided abdominal pain, fever, nausea and vomiting. ...Read more
7 yr old son diag. W/ flu on sunday. Symp. Began sat. On tamiflu (oseltamivir) since. Now thurs. - still contagious? Pedi. Says he can go back to school fri.
Discuss with doctor: These are symptoms that require a thorough evaluation by your doctor. Only after obtaining this informstion, can he/she adequately diagnose and treat you. ...Read more
Should I get a vcug for my 2yr old daughter after first UTI at 24mths? Dr wants ultrasound & vcug
Yes: Current recommendations for the work up of a UTI for young children up to 2 years includes a renal ultrasound as well as a vcug. Other factors may influence this decision: fever with uti, gender (boys of any age require work up), recurrent uti's, urination problems, growth problems, high blood pressure and family history of kidney problems. ...Read moreSee 4 more doctor answers