Doctor insights on:
Doxycycline Strep Throat
Once i was taken doxycycline for my strep throat. If i had that time chlamydia.. Doxycycline worked also for chlamydia?
Probably: Depends on dosage and durationGet a more detailed answer ›
Can you take doxycycline and Amoxicillin same day. I have strep throat and I took doxycycline b4 I was diagnosed. or how long before I can take, morni?
Prescribed both doxycycline hyclate oral (for staph on piercing site) and penicillin (for strep throat). Safe to take these at the same time?
What is causing me to break out in hives? Well i don't have health insurance and i've had strep throat since sunday. For the strep throat i've taken some left over doxycycline since it is an antibiotic. My sore throat is clearing up, but i've broken out i
There : There are two possibilities here: #1.-you likely did not have a strep infection, but a viral pharyngitis (throat infection) and you are feeling better because time has passed, not from the antibiotics, a mere coincidence. With viral pharyngitis you can develop a viral exanthem (rash) towards the end of the infectious process. This is self limiting. #2.- you have strep that is resistant to doxycline and know you have developed scarlet fever (rash) if this is the case you will need a change of medication. I recommend you find a low or no cost clinic in your area and schedule a visit. Lastly, remember it is never wise to self treat with antibiotics. Best of luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will doxycycline help strep throat
- Does doxycycline treat strep throat?
- Can doxycycline treat strep throat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Doxycycline hyclate strep throat
- Can you get strep throat without tonsils?
- How long does fever associated with strep throat last?
- How to get rid of strep throat without going to the doctor?
- Talk to a pediatrician online