Doctor insights on:
Doxycycline Hyclate Vs Monohydrate
DOXYCYCLINES: Many dermatologists i know have found no difference between them. I prescribe either. Results are usually the same for both. ...Read more
Yes: Just different salts of the same drug. ...Read more
Doxycycline: Same active drug, different salt. ...Read more
Yes: There shouldn't be a difference in efficacy. ...Read more
I am prescribed 100MG doxycycline hyclate. It says not to lie down for 30 minutes after taking it, what will happen if I do lie down after taking it?
Esophagitis: Doxycycline can cause drug-induced esophagitis, or inflammation of the esophagus. You are instructed not to lay down so that the pill can travel quickly down the esophagus and into the stomach. If you lay down there is the potential that the pill will remain in your esophagus as it dissolves and cause inflammation. ...Read more
Will I be able to lose the weight I've gained on doxycycline hyclate once I stop taking the medication?
Weight gain: I am unaware that doxycycline would cause weight gain. Actually it has more GI side effects that are usually associated with weight loss. Talk to your doctor or provider about your weight gain. I think it is likely related to something else. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Doxycycline monohydrate vs doxycycline hyclate?
- Doxycycline hyclate vs doxycycline?
- Difference between doxycycline hyclate and doxycycline monohydrate
- Doxycycline hyclate versus monohydrate?
- Difference between doxycycline monohydrate and hyclate
- Doxycycline mono vs hyclate?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking doxycycline hyclate?
- Doxycycline hyclate 100mg for sinus infection?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free