Doctor insights on:
Doxycycline Hyclate Vs Monohydrate
I am an MD in a tertiary care outpatient Wound Center. Do you have any strong sense whether doxycycline hyclate or monohydrate is clinically superior? I sometimes hear that one leads to less GI discomfort, but I cannot seem to find a definitive source. T
Join us, Dr. Marin!: HI, why don't you join us docs? It's a great community and we can e-mail each other through the interface and talk to peers that we would never meed otherwise. Truly a supportive bunch. When Vibramycin, (d. hyclate) was approved, it touted less GI upset and that supported my scant clinical experience. However, recently, a patient said that he had better acne control with the monohydrate. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Does doxycycline hyclate 100mg twice daily continue working after completing the 10 day course,and if so, for how long ?
MED KINETICS: Unfortunately medication does not last in the bloodstream beyond a certain time based upon the drug's pharmacokinetics. Beyond the period of time you mentioned this drug will typically only last about 22 hours before it is no longer detectable. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Doxycycline monohydrate vs doxycycline hyclate
- Doxycycline monohydrate vs hyclate for chlamydia
- Doxycycline hyclate vs doxycycline
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Doxycycline hyclate versus monohydrate
- Difference between doxycycline monohydrate and hyclate
- Doxycycline mono vs hyclate
- Can you drink alcohol while taking doxycycline hyclate?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free