Doctor insights on:
Doxycycline Birth Control
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
No: Medicines taken together can sometime interact making one or both more or less effective than they should be independent of each other. This is one such case in which Doxycycline decreases the potency of the birth control pills and you could find yourself pregnant. You will need another form of contraception while taking doxycycline. ...Read more
Girlfriend and I have been using pull out method while she is on doxycycline and birth control. Should i be worried about effects of doxy on bcp?
Cannot say.: There can be no compromise or persistent compromise if the drug is not discontinued. ...Read more
I'm on Aviane birth control pills and also taking doxycycline for my acne. How much less effective does doxycycline make my birth control? I'm nervous
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does doxycycline affect birth control?
- Does doxycycline reduce the effectiveness of birth control?
- Doxycycline birth defects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Birth control contraception solodyn
- Fainting spells and birth control
- Cramping and spotting on birth control
- Oral pills for birth control
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free