Doctor insights on:
Downside To Wearing Sunglasses
Probably: You wear sunglasses to block out bright sunlight and this is more likely in a convertible with the top down. They might also help keep stuff from blowing into your eyes. By all means if they help you, wear them. ...Read more
No: While wearing sunglasses on sunny days to protect your eyes is an excellent idea and will protect your eyes from uv rays, it will not actually "improve" your night vision. Protecting your eyes on sunny days may help with adapting to low light situations, but after 15-30 minutes you vision will have adapted sunglasses or not. Over the long term, not wearing sunglasses can cause some eye damage. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Light input: Wearing the sunglasses in creases the pupillary size and can alter the focus a little due to this fact. Contacts can provide excellent correction and there can be a slight improvement or decrease with the sunglasses. Not a big effect and not harmful. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is wearing sunglasses bad for your eyes?
- Will wearing sunglasses change your nose shape
- Is wearing sunglasses healthy or unhealthy for your eyes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does wearing polarized sunglasses protect your eyes from welding?
- Does wearing sunglasses make your eyes sensitive to sunlight?
- Does wearing sunglasses protect your eyes while on the computer?
- How do i get my eyes used to sunlight without wearing sunglasses?
- Downside to sunglasses inside