Doctor insights on:
Double Vision After Cataract Surgery
A cataract is a clouding of the lens of the eye, which should normally be clear. Cataracts are usually painless and develop slowly, causing a gradual worsening of vision. Cataracts will affect the vision of most individuals by the time they are at the age of 75, but risk factors speeding up their development include diabetes, too much exposure to UV light (sunlight), ...Read more
I have double vision after cataract surgery in both eyes - why?
My dr. Has tried laser surgery to correct this, still have double vision.
Double vision: Double vision after cataract surgery can be caused by many issues such as residual refractive error, eye misalignment, corneal irregularity, decentration or tilt of lens implants, retinal swelling, or other issues. See your eye doctor to determine the cause and initiate appropriate treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Double vision: Double vision after cataract surgery can be due to: imbalance of refraction (glasses rx) or eye muscles between eyes; uncovering of misalignment of eyes from youth/birth; if injection used before surgery, can rarely be from eye muscle damage. New eye glasses Rx helps in most cases depending on cause & severity. Majority resolve in >1mo. See eyedoc2020.blogspot.com ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Get examined: See your eye doctor. It might be something simple like a refraction (need for new glasses or contacts), posterior capsular opacity (needing a quick yag capsulotomy laser in the office to clear up the lens in your eye), or, something more serious like a retinal problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes double vision after cataract surgery?
- Cloudy vision after cataract surgery
- Is a ray of light in the vision common after cataract surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Night vision after cataract surgery
- Does color vision noticeably change after undergoing surgery for cataracts?
- Double vision after retinal detachment surgery
- Double vision after brain surgery
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free