Doctor insights on:
Muscle imbalance: The most common cause is muscle imbalance between the eyes. If this is the cause then covering each eye will eliminate the double vision. If you cover each eye and it is still blurry, you most likely need glasses. An eye care professional can correct these problems. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
A few possibilities: Double vision can be in one eye alone (monocular) or can be present only when both eyes are open (binocular). Monocular diplopia can be caused by dry eyes, cornea injury, cataracts and other conditions. Binocular diplopia is caused by misalignment of the eyes, and can be seen in strokes, diabetes, aneurysms, strabismus and injury to name a few. See a doctor immediately to determine the cause. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Exam by eye md: First it is crucial to rule out serious neurological disease that can cause diplopia. If stable , prisms in the glasses are the easiest method. Surgery to the eye muscles can also help. Some exercises like pencil pushups can be useful for intermittent diplopia ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Many causes: Potentially very serious symptom which needs prompt evaluation by an ophthalmologist or neurologist. Possible causes are cranial nerve palsy, tumors, thyroid disease, muscle problems like myesthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis. Less serious causes are possible too. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Observe/operate: Following an orbital fracture there can be some temporary swelling and muscle trauma that can lead to double vision. This swelling can lead to temporary double vision. This should resolve within a week or so. If not surgery will most likely be required. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Duration of double vision after a concussion
- What does it mean if you have double vision when you wake up?
- Does anyone know of any eye exercises that can correct double vision?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Double vision after cataract surgery
- Can i wear an eye patch while driving to correct double vision?
- Dizzy spells and double vision
- Is it normal to have double vision often when i am wearing my glasses?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free