Doctor insights on:
Donating Blood Plasma With Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is also known as Underactive thyroid. Level, which can cause fatigue increased sensitivity to cold constipation dry skin unexplained weight gain puffy face hoarseness muscle weakness elevated blood cholesterol level muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods thinning hair slowed heart ...Read more
Shouldn't: Should not.Get a more detailed answer ›
Would having pcos and taking metformin and spironolactone for it prevent me from donating blood plasma?
I was told I have hypothyroidism but it was never followed up on could the blood work be wrong and i'm actually fine?
It varies but I'm : Sure you can make payment arrangements.Get a more detailed answer ›
What should I do next? I have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism but my blood work is always "normal"?
Undiagnosed hypoT?: Hypothyroidism can be primary - caused by a weak thyroid gland or secondary to other hormonal problems, like a pituitary problem. Or your thyroid can become dysfunctional secondary to high insulin, estrogen or cortisol. If you have functional hypothyroidism, this problem can go undetected by routine screening tests. More extensive testing can often reveal abonormalities. This is very common. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
The thyroid makes thyroid hormone, the main one is t4, which is converted in other tissues to t3. An underactive thyroid makes too little thyroid hormone. You feel sluggish, bloated, constipated, cold. It is treated by taking replacement hormone levothyroxine. The thyroid also makes calcitonin, which is involved in calcium metabolism, but it is a weak hormone in ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can people with sickle cell trait donate blood?
- Does donating blood interfere with a cbc blood test?
- Can a person with filariasis still donate blood?
- Donating blood and plasma
- Can people with celiac sprue donate blood?
- Can people with hemochromatosis donate blood?
- Can someone with lupus donate blood?
- Can you donate blood with a pituitary tumor?
- Talk to a transfusion specialist online for free