Doctor insights on:
Donating Blood Plasma With Hypothyroidism
I have all symptoms of hypothyroidism, but blood tests are normal. plus a swollen thyroid left side. What can cause this? Hair is really falling out.
Other possibilities.: The Thyroid is not the only endocrine gland that affects metabolism, mood, menstrual cycles and hair follicle activity in women your age. It's quite possible that you are experiencing peri-menopause, or that you have Vitamin D deficiency. Has the enlargement of the thyroid gland been confirmed/examined with ultrasound? If not it should be. Your other hormones and a D level should be checked also. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Hypothyroidism is also known as Underactive thyroid. Hypothyroidism in a child is a medical condition in which the child has low levels of thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone is crucial for development, especially development of the brain. Lack of thyroid hormone can lead to mental retardation as well as failure to grow. Treatment via thyroid hormone ...Read more
Would having pcos and taking metformin and spironolactone for it prevent me from donating blood plasma?
Suffering from hypothyroidism
i want to know whether i should eat my medicine before giving my blood for test or i should not eat?
Don't matter much..: It will not matter much...Get a more detailed answer ›
I was told I have hypothyroidism but it was never followed up on could the blood work be wrong and i'm actually fine?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can people with sickle cell trait donate blood?
- Does donating blood interfere with a cbc blood test?
- Can a person with filariasis still donate blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can people with celiac sprue donate blood?
- Can people with hemochromatosis donate blood?
- Can someone with lupus donate blood?
- Can you donate blood with a pituitary tumor?
- Talk to a transfusion specialist online for free