Doctor insights on:
Donate Your Hair For Cancer Patients
Cancer is a group of diseases that is characterized by uncontrolled cell growth leading to invasion of surrounding tissues that spread to other parts of the body. Cancer can begin anywhere in the body and is usually related to one or more genetic mutations that allow normal cells to become malignant by interfering with internal cellular control mechanisms, such as programmed cell death or by preventing ...Read more
No, not all: It depends on which drugs are being used by the patient. Some chemotherapy drugs cause complete hair loss, others cause partial loss and some drugs do not cause any hair loss. Many of the more modern drugs have minimal if any hair loss properties. These are the so called targeted agents...Not quite like chemotherapy they have a differnt spectrum of side effeects than those from chemo drugs .. ...Read more
I have a lot of gas , my navel is leering smelly fluid sometimes and I have excessive hair fall like 5000 hair a day ...like how cancer patients lose ?
Hair loss/ navel d/c: Check thyroid studies. CBC, cortisol, iron, sed rate, CRP, ANA . May be gluten sensitivity,autoimmune disease or gallbladder , It is not usual to have a discharge from the navel, may be infection ,yeast , could try desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) at the site and see if improves over next 2 days .Take a multivitamin a day .Need to follow up with doctor this week ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to donate hair for cancer patients?
- Where to donate wigs for cancer patients
- Donate to cancer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are organs of a celiac patient safe to donate?
- Does pulling hairs in your nose cause cancer?
- Can cancer make your hair fall out?
- Is it good for your body to donate blood?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free