Doctor insights on:
Does Zyrtec Increase Blood Pressure
No: Both drugs are fairly safe in a patient with hypertension. ...Read more
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
I have high blood pressure , diabetes can I drink zyrtec to help with a sinus infection? Or should I use a vaporizer?
See below: So, zyrtec is safe in hypertension and diabetes. However, zyrtec does not treat infection. It treats allergies so if the sinusitis is allergic, that will help or if you have other allergy triggers, it can help. Most sinus infections are allergic or viral and they get better on their own. Only a minority are bacterial and require antibiotics. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No, But Don't Do It: Zyrtec is an antihistamine- so you shouldn't be taking it with other antihistamines. However, antihistamines don't typically elevate the blood pressure. Decongestants (ie sudafed) can cause blood pressure elevation. Zyrtec shouldn't be a problem. ...Read more
I have high blood pressure my doc have me this for my sinus but isn't this bad for me cetirizine d 12 hour tablets?
Caution: A decongestant like Cetirizine d 12hr can be used for severe sinus congestion for 3-4 days but people with hypertension should be cautious and check their bp. Should not be used in patient with uncontrolled blood pressure. ...Read more
Yes: Not a problem. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does zyrtec raise blood pressure?
- Why does eating pork increase your blood pressure?
- Does iron supplementation increase blood pressure?
- Does red wine increase blood pressure?
- Does systolic blood pressure increase during exercise?
- Does celery seed extract increase your blood pressure?
- Does zyrtec affect blood pressure?
- Why does blood pressure increase after light exercise?
- Talk to a cardiologist online for free