Doctor insights on:
Does Zithromax And Ciprofloxacin Cure Bacterial Vaginosis
Azithromycin (zithromax, azithrocin, zmax, azin) is an azalide, a subclass of macrolide antibiotics. Azithromycin is one of the world's best-selling antibiotics.[not in citation given (see discussion.)] it is derived from erythromycin, with a methyl-substituted nitrogen atom incorporated into the lactone ring, thus making ...Read more
Will azithromycin 250mg tablets- take 2 tablets today then 1 tablet daily for 4 days cure bacterial vaginosis even though its only a 5 day treatment?
Vaginosis: The answer is "yes." Azithromycin is an antibiotic. An inevitable side effect any time you take an antibiotic is that you kill off some of the normal bacteria in your system, and they get replaced, at least temporarily, by abnormal bacteria. The cause of bacterial vaginosis is a germ called garderella, which gets a chance to grow in large numbers and cause a symptomatic infection after antibiotics. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bacterial vaginosis and groin pain does vaginosis cause groin pain
- Does mycolog ii cream cure yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis?
- Does clorox cure bacterial vaginosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does the metronidazole antibiotic cure bv and chlamydia?
- Does ciprofloxacin cure chlamydia?
- Does herpes simplex 2 cause an increase of bacterial vaginosis?
- How long does vaginal odor associated with bacterial vaginosis last?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free