Doctor insights on:
Does Your Brain Swell When You Drink
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Small amounts only: Some reports suggest that 1 drink/day for women (2/day for men) may decrease brain inflammation. This is not an excuse to go out and binge or get drunk, though. Alcohol is toxic to many organs, including the brain. It shrinks brain cells, especially in the frontal lobe -- seat of higher intellectual functioning. Healthier to take your brain for a walk, instead of pickling it with alcohol! ...Read more
Alcohol & the Brain: I would believe that given your lengthy drinking history that your fundamental basic brain functions have drinking alcohol as a basic survival skill. I.E. That your brain thinks that getting alcohol is as vital as getting food or sex. The "ism" in alcoholism will lead you to despair and poor health and even death if not treated. Alcohol treatment is available and a.A. Is a great place to start. ...Read more
In highschool i was in a bad crowd and blacked out from drinking almost every weekend. I no longer drink. Is my brain completely ruined?!?!
I started drinking somewhat heavily when I was 15. I have quitted it now. I feel like brain development was stunted. Am I stuck like this forever?
I always wondered what happens to the brain when you are conscious but don't remember what you've done after drinking?
It is being: Damaged.Get a more detailed answer ›
No: What hole was that? No it will not kill brain cells. ...Read more
Took klonpn .5 for 1 year. Tappered over 3 months. How long should I wait (so that my brain is healed) to drink a couple of beers w/ friends?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your arm swells up after you lift weights?
- What does it mean when u dont have your period you only spot?
- What does it mean when you have sticky brown blood coming from your vagina?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you bleed when you pee but your not on your period?
- What does it mean when you only spot when your period come?
- What does it mean when you bleed blood and your not on your period?
- What does it mean when you have mucus in your stool?
- Talk to a neurologist online