Doctor insights on:
Does Your Body Temperature Drop Or Rise When Ovulating
Basal temperature: Your temperature is not lower at ovulation it is your baseline temperature. After ovulation you have an increase in temperature by about 1/2 to 1 degree caused by progesterone. If you are not pregnant your tempaerature will return to the basal level when your next period starts. Some people note a slight drop in temp just prior to ovulation but this is not consistent. ...Read more
Yes: Although bbts are not a very effective way of timing ovulation; in the classic situation, your temperature drops right before ovulation and than spikes approximately shortly later. The egg is estimated to live for 12-24 hours so once you see the temperature peak, it is probably to late and you have missed ovulation. The ovulation detection kits or odk are much more accurate in timing ovulation. ...Read more
Ok: Although I am not a big fan of basal body temperature charts, you are using them, than typically, the temp drops prior to ovulation and than peaks approximately 36 hours later. Problem is that by the time you get to peak, the egg is no longer viable or fertilize-able; and many women do not get the initial drop prior to ovulation. Good luck. ...Read more
Is it bad to ovulate on day 5 of my cycle? I have confirmed through basal body temperature that I do occasionally. We are trying to conceive a child.
Ovulation: Basal body temperatures may not be the most accurate way to confirm ovulation. If you have cycles every 28 days, it almost always take s14 days to prepare the egg for ovulation. I would add to the temperature chart a urine ovulation predictor kit, available over the counter. If your cycles are less or more frequent than 28 days, you may need an evaluation for see why. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does your body temperature rise when you are infected with a virus?
- Does your body temperature rise before your period?
- How much does your temperature drop before ovulation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does your temperature drop before ovulation?
- Does your body temperature rise you pregnant?
- What should your body temperature be when ovulating?
- Does body temperature rise during ovulation?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free