Doctor insights on:
Does Working Out Stop Growth
Does starting working out at gym as a 14 years old onwards, reduces or stops the process of height growth?
No: To my knowledge there is no evidence in the medical literature showing that teens who work out will have stunted growth. Having said that, it would be reasonable to avoid really heavy weight lifting, and instead focus on functional weight training as well as cardio workouts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Body growth: Unless you are having some underlying bone/hormonal disease-you should be checked. if you feel nothing is wrong- leave it be, your growth plates may still be open. Xrays can tell if growth plates are open. Start with an endocrinologist if you are concerned. Good luck ...Read more
Odd question: The body has the ability to tolerate environments with poor access to water by changing the way their kidneys deal with water excretion. Over days and weeks this will come into some balance. If so, the effect on life is likely to trump any effect on growth. In those states where lake off food accompanies lack of fluids, lack of calories stop growth before low level of fluids. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is working out bad for your growth?
- Does tetralysal stop working?
- Does working out help pimples?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does working out deplete potassium?
- Does tetralysal stop the pill working?
- Does drinking stop antibiotics working?
- When does enbrel stop working
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free