Doctor insights on:
Does Weight Lifting Stunt Growth
Sir I'm 16. I go to the gym. Does doing squats stunt growth of height? Similarly I've been told weight lifting stunt growth. Is it true?
No: Lifting weights does not stunt your growth. It is good for your overall health as well as making strong muscles and bones. Continue doing it if you like. ...Read more
Does really weight lifting help my body to grow taller make me taller or does it stunt growth and stop me from growing taller ???! i am 17Yrs Male
Weight lifting: No, proper weight lifting should not make you taller or stunt your growth. Just don't go overboard with weight lifting. ...Read more
Do weightlifting stunt growth in teenage boys with arm work, squats no deadlift kinda thing, does the body use energy on muscle instead of bone growth?
Not Really: There are areas of bone growth at the end of long bones, called epiphyseal plate(s). This is where we get "height" and "length" of our extremities. It has been shown if young males, particularly, engage in heavy resistance exercise too early, before these plates have fully developed, the length of these long bones can be muted. It is not excessive, meaning a 6'5" male will not become 5'11". ...Read more
Correct: That is a false belief. Teenagers do need to be instructed in proper technique, and the equipment should be the correct size. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does lifting weights stunt your growth?
- Does lifting weights stunt childrens growth?
- Will lifting weights at a young age stunt your growth
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will lifting weights stunt my growth
- How to prevent stunting your growth while lifting weights?
- How to start lifting weights not stunt my growth?
- Does lifting weights stop growth?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free