Doctor insights on:
Does Weaning Cause Mastitis
I am suffering from mastitis for the 4th time in 3 months; is it possible to wean on one side only?
Discourage nursing: Your toddler should be eating all foods by this age divert his attention from nursing by offering his favorite food .You may not be producing much breast milk by decreasing nursing frequency ,the production will go down .You won't get mastitis but may be little congestion of breast for a short while . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mastitis: Mastitis in a non-lactating women is not common. It can be cause by normal bacteria, some forms of resistant bacteria or can be a sign of a more serious breast issue. I would strongly encourage you see a surgeon who treats breast condition to confirm that this is a simple infection. ...Read more
What is mastitis, what causes it and can a 18 year old have it? I have inverted nipples and breast firmness
Mastitis: Mastitis is inflammation of the breast glandular tissue. Most commonly it is seen in lactating women in whom due to inadequate milk evacuation and superimposing infection an inflammation develops. Otherwise, mastitis is not that common. Traumas to the nipples (piercing, excessive rubbing, etc.) may potentially predispose to mastitis but those are much less frequent than in cases of lactation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does mastitis cause breasts engorged?
- Does cracked nipples cause mastitis?
- Does clogged milk duct cause mastitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does mastitis cause lactation problems?
- Does pregnancy complications cause mastitis?
- Does multiple gestation cause mastitis?
- Does parkisons cause fascis?
- Talk to a pediatrician online