Doctor insights on:
Does Water Help The Circulatory System
Blood: All the cells that compose your body require a continuous supply of oxygen and nutrients and means of removing waste. These functions are performed by blood. Your heart pumps oxygen rich blood to all areas and receive oxygen poor blood in return - simulataneously, your heart separately pumps this oxygen poor blood to your lungs and receives it to pump everywhere else. Blood goes round and round. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Here is the list: High blood pressure(hypertension) atherosclerosis(hardening of the arteries). This can lead to heart attack(coronary artery occlusion), stroke or peripheral vascular disease(may cause gangrene from poor circulation in the legs). Vascular occlusions can also occur due to blood clots inside the diseased arteries and or inside the veins(venous thrombosis which can lead to pulmonary embolism( lungs). ...Read more
Not so much.: Leukemia is a malignancy of blood and their bone marrow progenitors. They usually circulate in the blood normally without causing problems to blood flow. If left untreated, however leukemia can lead to extremely high blood counts, to the point where normal blood flow would be impaired. ...Read more
Other way around: Angina is caused by problems in your circulatory system. It does not cause them. Here's a good read on Angina: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/angina/basics/causes/CON-20031194 Talk w/ your doctor to best manage this condition. It can make all the difference! Best regards. ...Read more
Atherosclerosis: This condition is caused by poor diet which is typically a diet with too much animal fat in it. It also occurs in obese people and in those who have diabetes once again due to over eating. Excessive fat(cholesterol) is deposited inside the arteries which leads to damaged vasculature , a set up for heart attack and or stroke due to blood clots forming inside the diseased arteries. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does the urinary system interact with the circulatory system?
- How does the circulatory system work with other systems?
- How do the lungs help the circulatory system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the skeletal system depend on the circulatory system?
- How does the circulatory system work with the respiratory system?
- How does the circulatory system interact with the respiratory system?
- How does heart disease affect the circulatory system?
- How does the circulatory system help maintain homeostasis?