Doctor insights on:
Does Vitiligo Effect Immune System
I have hypothyroidism, vitiligo, and psoriasis which are all auto immune diseases. Any idea why i may have these? Could it be linked to something?
Autoimmune: That means that your immune system is not well regulated. This tends to be inherited as well. Although there is no cure, you should get your blood vitamin d3 level checked to make sure that it is optimal. I don't know if optimizing the vitamin d3 level helps or not but it certainly won't do you harm. (vitamin d3 is considered an immune regulator). ...Read more
Need expert advice. After verifying that my vitiligo is not because I have an auto-immune problem, is there any reason why i shouldn't get a tattoo with this condition?
Many good choices: There are many herbs proven to improve immune function. Some of the best choices include astragalus, ashwagandha, andrographis, echinacea, eleuthero & medicinal mushrooms like reishi, cordyceps, turkey tail, shiitake & maitake. See http://blog.Chestnutherbs.Com/herbs-for-the-immune-system & http://articles.Mercola.Com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/31/organic-mushrooms-for-immune-support.Aspx. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Effect of sugar on immune system
- How does the african sleeping sickness effect immune system?
- Effect of protein energy malnutrition on immune system
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Long term effect of carboplatin and taxol on immune system
- Does implanon weaken the immune system?
- Does hydroxychloroquine suppress immune system?
- Does masturbating lower the immune system?
- Talk to a dermatologist online