Doctor insights on:
Does Vitamins Cause Constipation In Infants
Does taking to many vitamins cause constipation? I have been exercising more and stopped taking as many vitamins an always been constipated
No: Hi. Nope, vitamin D doesn't do that. The average American diet does, however. Most people eat a low fiber diet, and constipation is a common side effect of the unhealthy American diet. Increase fiber in the diet (veggies and fruits) and use fiber laxatives, if needed. Drink plenty of fluids. It's no fun to be FOS! Good luck! ...Read more
Yes: Vitamin d has been reported to cause constipation. In your case, there is no blood test to determine if constipation is caused by vitamin d. It would be reasonable to stop the vitamin d for 1-2 weeks to see if the constipation resolves. If it does, you are likely confirming this as a side effect. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can vitamin d cause constipation in infants?
- Can vitamin d drops cause constipation in infants?
- Does vitamin b6 cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does vitamin b12 cause constipation?
- Does mineral water cause constipation for infants?
- Does vitamin b complex cause constipation?
- Can formula cause constipation in infants?
- Talk to a pediatrician online