Doctor insights on:
Does Vitamin B12 Cause Constipation
High B12: Usually taking too much. Sometimes liver disease. ...Read more
Palpitations: Vitmamin b-2 deficiency may have associated extrasystoles. ...Read more
Vitamin B12 def: actually it's the other way around, Vit b12 def causes the anemia. B12 def occurs in people who are vegetarian and don't take vitamin supplement, also malabsorption could lead to B12 def, also there is a condition called pernicious anemia which is an autoimmune disease and these patient cannot absorb b12. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
B12 deficiency: Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause many problems, including anemia (along with folate (folic acid) deficiency); fatigue; weakness; weight loss; and neurological changes like numbness & tingling extremities, trouble with balance, and confusion, depression & dementia. The latter 2 can produce cognitive changes including trouble w/memory. Workup of this includes checking B12 & folate (folic acid) levels -- your doc can help! ...Read more
Intake + Absorption: Vitamin b12, aka cyanocobalamin, is common in a huge variety of foods; low intake rare. However, none of us absorb B12 directly. Instead, the cells of the upper ? of the stomach which secrete hydrochloric, hcl, acid also produce & secrete a protein, called intrinsic-factor, which binds b12. The small intestines absorb intrinsic-factor with whatever B12 is bound, & the B12 is thereby also absorbed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does vitamin b12 cause gas?
- Does vitamin b6 cause constipation?
- Does vitamin d3 cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does deficiency of vitamin b12 cause?
- What does vitamin b12 deficiency cause?
- What does a vitamin b12 deficiency cause?
- Does vitamin b12 deficiency cause hair loss?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online