Doctor insights on:
Does Vicks Vapor Rub Help Alleviate Symptoms For A Knee Arthroplasty
No: Glucosamine is a building block in the formation of knee cartilage, so some have recommended taking it as a dietary supplement to improve the health of your knee cartilage. In a knee arthroplasty, the cartilage is removed and the knee is resurfaced/replaced with a metal and plastic prosthesis. Since there is no cartilage left, any benefit, which is theoretical anyway, would not be seen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It Depends: Any surgery has associated risks. Knee arthroplasty is a big procedure. It is very helpful when indicated, however. Risks vary depending upon your overall health, medical conditions, level of fitness. Medical issues such as diabetes and heart disease increase the risk of any surgery. It is best to talk these risks over with your primary care physician as well as your orthopedist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
About an hour: In my practice the actual surgery takes approx 62 minutes for a man and 54 min for a woman of average weight and height without excessive deformity etc. The anesthesia and prepping and draping generally takes 40 minutes so total time in operating room about 1 hr and 40 minutes. It varies from surgeon to surgeon. I do over 500/yr. Find someone u like, who performs procedure regularly. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How long is recovery from knee arthroplasty? My husband is scheduled for knee arthroplasty. How long can I expect him to be recovering?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does vicks vapor rub help stretch marks?
- Does vicks vapor rub work for stretch marks?
- Does vicks vapor rub work for toenail fungus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does vick vapor rub help with blemishes?
- Where to put vicks vapor rub for stuffy nose
- Vicks vapor rub for chest congestion
- Does vicks vapor rub remove stretch marks?
- Talk to a dermatologist online