Doctor insights on:
Does Vagisil Cure Yeast Infections
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
No: But she can use Monistat. Do not insert into her vagina as it may be traumatic, but use the cream around the vaginal area for 5 days. If it doesnt resolve, take her to her pediatrician for possible diflucan oral treatment or use Healthtap Prime for a prescription. Good Luck ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've been dealing with a yeast infection. I'm just using vagisil to take care of the itch. But it seems every other week it comes back? Is that norma?
Not a treatment: A yeast infection is an infection from a fungus and requires an anti-fungal antibiotic like Clotrimoxazle. Vagisil is a topical anesthetic that decreases the itching and burning symptoms but does nothing to treat the fungal cause of the infection. You can use Vagisil for the itching and pain but you must treat the fungus at the same time.with a vaginal anti-fungal medication. Physician follow up. ...Read more
A Few Days: If you continue to manifest the symptoms after a few days despite the treatment, you need to see your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does baking soda help cure a yeast infection?
- How long does diflucan take to cure a yeast infection?
- Will vagisil cure a yeast infection
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does lotrimin cure yeast infection?
- Does vagisil help yeast infections?
- Does vagisil work for yeast infections?
- How long does it take yogurt to cure a yeast infection?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free