Doctor insights on:
Does Using A Back Brace Make You Dependent On The Brace Forever
Prob. negative: You didn't mention what condition you are treating. In general, I do not recommend back braces. They have not proven helpful in the long run for scoliosis. The better treatment is to strengthen your core body muscles to support your back. Wearing a brace long term will instead cause those muscles to atrophy. ...Read more
What type of activities should I use my back brace for? I was told to only use when extra support needed.
Lifting: Lifting is the most important but it is a good idea to use it for any straining. ...Read more
Should i be wearing a back brace if I have a disc injury? I have a disc injury--should i be wearing a back brace while it heals?
Back brace: There is no great evidence for bracing after lumbar surgery- or soft tissue / disc injury... But in some people it really makes them feel better. While things heal, do lots of walking in good posture (brace may help!) but do not wear the brace all times and not while laying down. Avoid lifiting and twisting and give it 3 months... Best ! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Using ankle weights to make you jump higher
- Can having diabetes and using alcohol make you feel weak?
- Does benadryl make you constipated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does naproxen make you constipated?
- Does fiber make you swollen?
- Does carbonation make you puffy?
- Does stretching make you thin?
- Lymes disease in children does it stay with you forever