Doctor insights on:
Does Twin Twin Transfusion Syndrome Cause Fetal Growth Restriction
MF/placental factors: Maternal-fetal and placental etiologies can all cause fetal growth restriction. Severa fetal syndromes can lead to fgr (e.g. Down, patau, triploidy, edwards, noonan's, digeorge). Multifetal pregnancies are at increased risk for fgr; this can result in fetal demise, fetal brain injury, cerebral palsy or even normal outcomes in non-syndromic cases. Placental infarcts, hypertension, lupus: culprits. ...Read more
AKA TTTS: Ttts is when twins share abnormal blood vessel connections allowing one baby to "steal" blood from the other. Another name for this syndrome is poly/oli twins because one will have too much amniotic fluid (polyhydramnios) and the other too little fluid (oligohydramnios.) this is a high risk situation that will need to be carefully monitored by serial ultrasound and may require early delivery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Amnioreduction.: Before laser therapy became trendy for ttts management, serial amnioreductions with or without amnioseptostomy were successfully used to increase perinatal survival in such complicated twin pregnancies. The decrease of amniotic fluid volume in the recipient's sac alleviates the pressure on the placenta and helps prolong the pregnancy while avoiding fetal demise; neurological damage can still occur. ...Read more
There's an app, also: http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-week-by-week. It'd be good if all women of child-bearing age took daily Folate (folic acid) supplements, protected themselves from " the flu", planned their pregnancies, knew that 4 standard alcoholic drinks = a binge in women & understood that the fetal brain & spinal cord start forming at 3 weeks & other organs between 3- 10 weeks after conception. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fetal growth: Is this for you or a child. I can't answer without that info. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Twin twin transfusion syndrome fetal growth restriction
- Does oligohydramnios cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does adult asthma cause fetal growth restriction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does chronic hypertension cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does placental abruption cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does placenta previa cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does bulimia cause fetal growth restriction?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free