Doctor insights on:
Does Trichomoniasis Transfer In Any Other Way Than Intercourse
Trichomonads or Trichomonas ar one celled parasites that can infect the vagina. They may cause no symptoms or as much as a foamy, malodorous, irritating vaginal discharge. Trichomonas is usually sexually transmitted. Both the patient and their partner need to be treated. Men often have no symptoms. The parasites are usually successfully treated ...Read more
How do u get trichomoniasis? Is it only by sexual intercourse. I read info that there was other way i just need a for sure answer
I recently took a 4 pill (flagyl) treatment for trichomonas. How long should I wait before having intercourse?
Waiting time?: Was your anticipated partner with whom you acquired the infection treated as well? Was the Flagyl dose 2000 mgs for a stat dose? Why not visit your gyn md's "waiting room" to be re-checked after treatment before "sharing bodily fluids" with anyone as trichomonas is transmitted sexually. ...Read more
I have no sexual intercourse for 13 years. My urinalysis says I have trichomonas vaginalis 1-2 hpf. Is this something to worry about?
Yes it needs treatme: However u got it u have it & u need to b treatment. ...Read more
Is there any way, no matter how rare, to contract trichomoniasis without sexual contact? My wife and I have been faithful to each other for 10 yrs.
Let try to answer: There is one study from africa (zambia). They found a high prevalence of trichomoniasis in girls in ndola who reported that they had never had sex. We postulate that the high prevalence of trichomoniasis in virgins in ndola is due to non-sexual transmission of trichomoniasis via shared bathing water and inconsistent use of soap. http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0016310. ...Read more
No: Wiping the wrong way promotes urinary infections from bacteria. Trichomonas is common in lady's mostly because changes in the acidity of the vagina.Live t. Vaginalis organisms in urine and semen samples have been found after being exposed to air for several hours. Although organisms are able to survive for hours on damp towels and clothes of infected women, it's unlikely to get it like that. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Other than an ovulation kit is there any other way to tell if your ovulating
- Is there any way other than having sex to make an erection go away?
- Does sprinting build leg muscles better than any other exercises?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there any way other than hoemonal drugs that can speed up hair growth?
- Is there any other way to get chlamydia?
- Any treatment for traction alopecia other than avoiding traction
- Are there any options other than a shunt to help with hydrocephalus?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free