Doctor insights on:
Does The Past Use Of Drugs Affect Future Pregnancies
Yes - avoid.: Adverse effects have been observed in animal reproduction studies (c). The majority of human data based on illicit amphetamine/methamphetamine exposure - not from therapeutic maternal use. Use of amphetamines during pregnancy may lead to an increased risk of premature birth and low birth weight; newborns may experience symptoms of withdrawal. Behavioral problems may also occur later in childhood. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Subutex: Subutex is a medication used generally for opioid withdrawal, though occasionally for other. Pregnancy we generally consider it a medication must balance risks and benefits. Like infants of mothers who use opioid medication, newborns can experience symptoms (fever, irritability, diarrhea, nasal congestion) though some believe less. Likely less risks than heroin, used less freq than methadone. ...Read more
Abortion and Pills: Nope. Regardless of what it takes to end your pregnancy please work with a local obstetrician or gynecologist to make sure you are safely protected during this process. If you have no physician or cannot afford one then please contact planned parenthood in your community. ...Read more
Category C.: Reproduction studies have not been conducted. Immune globulins cross the placenta in increased amounts >30 weeks. Intravenous Immune Globulin has been recommended for use in fetal-neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia and pregnancy-associated itp. May also be used in postexposure prophylaxis for rubella (within 72 hours) to reduce the risk of infection and fetal damage in exposed pregnant women. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does the hcg diet affect future pregnancies?
- How does teenage pregnancy affect the physical development of the baby?
- Does diet during pregnancy affect the size of a baby?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does having intercourse prior to taking a pregnancy test affect the results?
- Does the inside of your vagina get swollen during pregnancy?
- Does one night of diarrhea affect the effectiveness of your birth control?
- Does sneezing during pregnancy affect the baby?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free