Doctor insights on:
Does The Nicotine Patch Work
Nicotine replacement therapy involves the use of products that provide low doses of nicotine but do not contain the toxins found in smoke. The goal of therapy is to relieve cravings for nicotine and ease the symptoms when someone stops using cigarettes and smokeless tobacco. Nicotine Patch. Nicotine patches are applied and ...Read more
Replaces the cigaret: When helping someone quit smoking, we may prescribe one of a variety of "nicotine replacement systems": the patch, gum, lozenges, inhaler or spray. The pt sets a quit date; switches from smoking cigarettes to using one of the nrs's (such as the patch); and then the nrs is gradually tapered over the next 2-3 months, until nicotine has been eliminated from the body. ...Read more
Nicotine patch: Usually tape is not needed, but if you have to, make sure the tape is dry & some air ventilation is there for the patch. ...Read more
Yes: The nicotine patch works by replacing the nicotine from tobacco with a constant dose of nicotine administered through the skin by the patch. The side effects of the nicotine patch are the same as the side effects of any other method of using nicotine, except the effects are usually less because the dose is constant rather than the burst that occurs with smoking. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does the nicotine patch cause hot flashes?
- Does nicotine patch mess up menstrual cycle?
- How long does a nicotine patch last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does nicotine patch stay in your system?
- Does expired nicotine gum still work?
- How does a detoxification foot patch work?
- How does the patch work for motion sickness?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free