Doctor insights on:
Does The Morning After Pill Always Work
Nothing is 100%: Effective. Plan b one-step ; similar emergency contraceptives can reduce your risk of pregnancy by up to 95% if used within 24 hours of sex. According to planned parenthood when Plan B is taken 48 to 72 hours after intercourse the efficacy is 61%. ...Read more
Emergency contraception is the method a woman can use to avoid getting pregnant, after she has received sperm in her vagina. She takes the hormone pills, which are usually larger doses of hormones used in oral birth control pills, within a short time (days) after her sexual activity, ...Read more
See below: The morning after pill is felt to have an effect on fertilization and/or implantation of the embryo. The half life of these medications is not long. Therefor, there should not be any significant problems with the fetus. Discuss with your ob. ...Read more
Yes: When disease is under control, pill will be bsorbed properly and work. ...Read more
Prevent conception: Emergency contraceptive pills work by keeping the egg from being released by the ovary or by keeping the sperm and egg from getting together. Current evidence says they do not work by keeping a pregnancy from implanting in the uterus. ...Read more
Maybe: It is unclear from your question whether you are taking it before or after intercourse.It is not meant for routine contraceptive use which is why it is called emergency contraception. It is meant for use after an unexpected failure of contraception and is 95% effective if taken within 24 hr. after intercourse even at mid-cycle. This is less than the effectiveness of other contraceptives. Be safe! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the morning after pill work in the body?
- How does the emergency contraceptive or morning after pill work in the body?
- Does the morning after pill cause ectopic pregnancy?
- Does taking vitamins with the morning after pill decrease its effectiveness?
- Does drinking alcohol affect the morning after pill?
- Red triphasil as a morning after pill does it work
- Does canesten cream affect the morning after pill?
- How does morning after pill work?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free