Doctor insights on:
Does The Flu Affect Your Cbc
Going to ER for burning urination. Back pain. Fever. Trouble breathing. Cough. I think I have the flu & a bladder infection mixed.Will they do a CBC ?
Share on twitter bookmark & share printer-friendly version a complete blood count (CBC) test measures the following: •the number of red blood cells (rbc count) •the number of white blood cells (wbc count) •the total amount of hemoglobin in the blood •the fraction of the blood composed of ...Read more
Yes: The very young have less developed lungs and a more active immune system, causing more inflammation and damage. The elderly have more scarred and damaged lungs, plus likely heart issues, and a less effective immune system, enabling an infection to cause more damage. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can a flu shot lower WBCs? Had a CBC 2 days after flu shot. WBCs came back lower than normal (mine are already low).
Yes: It is possible. Will strongly advise you to look into the reasons for low WBCs- toxins, side effects of medications, etc. Together with clearing the reasons for that I would advise you to take some herbs to strengthen your immune system and stimulate the bone marrow. Best, Siranush Cholakian MD ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Bro doesnt want to be tested for HIV 8yrs postexposure. Norm cbc,had fver,flu,colds,exud tonsillophrngitis in the last 8yrs. Should it manifest now?
HIV is very tricky: I would be very careful regarding this virus - it often takes YEARS to show up, and although what you report is encouraging, I would still want to have the patient screened and tested. There can be clues like anemia and low percentage of lymphocytes on the CBC. Different people are able to fight the virus differently (different strains too) - still it's no substitute for a test. God bless. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does one night of diarrhea affect the effectiveness of your birth control?
- Does the cervical cryosurgery affect your period or not?
- How does the flu affect the respiratory system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does your body ache when you have the flu?
- Does the hcg diet affect your period?
- How does the depo-provera shot affect your period?
- Does too much of the b vitamins affect your kidneys?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free