Doctor insights on:
Does The Bubonic Plague Still Exist
Thankfully, not sure: Best description I ever read was http://tinyurl.Com/4gvjk nobody I know has ever seen a "the plague" and historians argue whether we really know what caused the 14th century epidemic. We are taught it was caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis. There is no proof, but good circumstantial evidence. Some argue modern Yersinia disease is different, but it probably evolved/mutated over 700+ years. ...Read more
Yes and no: It will come through again and cause widespread mortality if and only if there is a massive collapse in society (i.e., a nuclear war) and people are once again foolish enough to stop keeping cats. You won't meet pneumonic or septicemic disease in today's world and if you meet the bubonic form from a woodchuck's fleas, you'll be sick in time for shotgun antibiotics to cure you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my stomach still hurt after the flu?
- What is the difference between the pneumonic plague and bubonic plague?
- Does hepatitis c virus exist outside the human body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatment for the bubonic plague
- Does the old weight watchers point system still work?
- Does the gallbladder still produce bile if you eat a fat free diet?
- Bubonic plague ring around the rosie
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online