Doctor insights on:
Does Tegretol Causes Hypothyroidism
On keppra (levetiracetam) and tegretol for epilepsy, diagnosed with hypothyroidism, neurologist doesn't suggest stopping tegretol, but i can't function. What to do?
Depends: The tegretol may be controlling your seizures. It would be disappointing to stop it and then have seizures again. It is a great medicine, but yes, can certainly have side effects. I am betting that if it works well for a while, your neurologist may be willing to switch to oxcarbazepine. Follow up with neurologist, let them know your concern. ...Read more
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does tegretol cause weight gain?
- Does hypothyroidism cause osteoporosis?
- Does hypothyroidism cause anemia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does hypothyroidism cause hypoglycemia?
- Does hypothyroidism cause moles?
- Does hypothyroidism cause preeclampsia?
- Does hypothyroidism cause testicular pain?
- Talk to a neurologist online