Doctor insights on:
Pumpkin Seeds And Parasites
Pumpkin seeds: Though not as well studied as i would like there are benefits to these seeds based on their composition. Go to http://www.Whfoods.Com/genpage.Php?Tname=foodspice&dbid=82 for a good overview. ...Read more
Yes It Is True: Pumpkin seeds contain compound called phytosterols which may help shrink enlarged prostate they also contain chemical that may prevent some conversion of testosterone into dht(dihydrotestosterone).High level of Dht are associated with enlarged prostate you need to consume 1oz of shelled pumpkin seeds three times a day. ...Read more
I bit inside of my cheek and its not healing, its a chunck as big as a pumpkin seed, what should do to relieve the pain?
Cheek bite: If it s the size of a pumpkin seed and is not healing you should see your doctor. At home remedies for mild bites are applying a past of baking soda an mylanta ove rthe ulcerated area three to four times a day. Your docotr could also give you a local anestehetic to apply voer it. Buccal lesions usulaly heal fast but if it is not it is concerning, so see md asap. ...Read more
Kind of pumpkin?: There are hundreds of "pumpkins" out there. Most are edible. If this is an edible type of pumpkin then you will be fine. Roasted pumpkin seeds, pepitas, are delicious and a good source of protein without cholesterol! The shell around them won't hurt you, and actually has fiber in it. Enjoy! Too much of any food can be bad, of course. ...Read more
I'm 78 i frequently urinate often at night, what to do? Trying pumpkin seed extract to solve problem?
Nighttime urine: Causes of nocturia are: high fluid intake, untreated diabetes, congestive heart failure, edema of the legs, obstructive sleep apnea, diuretics, drugs such as digoxin, bladder obstruction or bladder overactivity. See a physician to get your diagnosis found and a treatment plan put into place. Lay off the extracted pumpkin seeds, as it does not seem to provide a cure for your problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does taking grapefruit seed extract really work against parasites?
- Does taking wormseed really work against parasites?
- Does taking goldenseal really work against parasites?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does taking black walnut really work against intestinal parasites?
- Does taking activated charcoal really work against parasites?
- How might zinc work against a parasite infection?
- Does triphala work against cancer?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online