Doctor insights on:
Does Synthroid Make You Fat
What happens if people use Synthroid (thyroxine) to lose weight, then why do so many people complain that it makes them get fat?
Doesn't work: If your thyroid function is normal, taking thyroid hormone will not help you lose weight. You would need to take toxic doses to raise your metabolism high enough to lose weight, and will lose more muscle than fat. In addition, high thyroid levels make you more hungry, so many people will gain weight rather than lose. There is no "easy" solution to lose weight. Eat less, exercise more. ...Read more
My son was given a full dose of synthroid-125 mcg today because of miscommunication. His normal dose is 62.5 mcg a day. Should he be seen?
Heart problems: Synthoid is a synthetic thyroid hormone. Thyroid increases your metabolism and too much will cause you to get febrile, jittery, tachycardic and hypertensive. Serious problems with thryoid overdose are usually cardiac are related to arrythmias or heart attacks. For example frontline treatment for thyroid excess is giving a beta blocker that blocks the cardiac effects. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does milktea make you fat?
- Does oatmeal make you fat?
- Does vodka make you fat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does green tea make you fat?
- Does swallowing semen makes you fat?
- Does ice cream make you fat?
- Does lunch ham make you fat?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free